TakeAway Recycle System - One 12-G Container
The TakeAway Recycle System is a cost-effective, environmentally friendly solution designed to recycle single-use medical devices that are normally destined for either reprocessing, the landfill, or treatment as medical waste. Systems consist of collection containers, everything necessary to properly package containers for DOT-compliant shipping and recycling of all materials, and a pre-addressed, prepaid return shipping box.
Minimize Waste Stream!
Don’t trash single-use medical devices — recycle them.
Most single-use devices are composed of plastics and metals that can be converted into reusable materials. Devices that are normally destined for the landfill can now be collected and then shipped for sustainable management. Our process uses plastics as a fuel source for generating electricity and extracts the metals for recycling.
All Systems consist of the following components:
- Primary collection containers used for collection of devices in the operating room or sterile processing
- Everything necessary to properly package containers for DOT-compliant shipping and recycling
- Pre-addressed, prepaid shipping labels
Does your facility reprocess single-use medical devices (SUDs)? Did you know that reprocessing SUDs can carry risks and disadvantages?
Control infection by avoiding reprocessed devices.
- SUDs are not designed with reuse in mind.
- Reprocessing SUDs can increase potential for patient infection.
- Reprocessed SUDs are often disassembled and parts are exchanged, resulting in compromised functionality of the devices.
- Common materials used in SUDs are often a combination of metals and plastic, which is difficult to sterilize without causing changes to the materials. These changes may result in an inability to validate the devices for reuse.
Eliminate costs associated with reprocessing.