Large U-Tube, HID Recycling Box
This is a UN-rated and DOT-approved container for the collection, storage and shipment of U-shaped fluorescent bulbs or High Intensity Discharge (HID) bulbs (including high pressure sodium and metal halides) for recycling. This box will hold 46 T12 or 81 T8 UTUBES/60 400W HIDS (NO CFLs ALLOWED).
Large U-Tube, HID Recycling Box Includes:
- UN-rated, DOT-approved recycling container
- Inner structural tube, 6-mil vapor barrier liner, liner tie, Velcro closures
- Instructions and terms and conditions
- Prepaid return shipping label
- Proof of purchase with serial number
- Online certificates of recycling
- Capacity: 46 T12 or 81 T8 U-tubes / 60 400W HIDS
Universal Wastes are widely generated hazardous wastes such as batteries, fluorescent bulbs, and other devices containing mercury. The federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has reduced the regulatory requirements to encourage proper treatment and recycling, therefore, allowing these wastes to be managed as Universal Wastes instead of Hazardous Wastes. The Universal Waste Rule, 40 CFR Part 237, allows states to modify the rule and add additional universal wastes, e.g., dental amalgam waste and pharmaceuticals, to their individual state regulations.
Restrictions: Not available in AK, HI, PR or VI. Not available for export to Canada.