6.5-Gallon Lamp Ballast Recycling Pail
The 6.5-Gallon Lamp Ballast Recycling Pail can hold 66 lbs. of TSCA-EXEMPT PCB and NON-PCB lamp ballasts. Electrical ballasts and capacitors are devices used in conjunction with fluorescent lamps to limit the amount of current in an electrical circuit. Under the Universal Waste Rule, ballasts must be disposed of properly. This system provides everything needed to collect, store, transport, and recycle used ballasts.
6.5-Gallon Lamp Ballast Recycling Pail includes:
- UN-rated, DOT-approved 6.5-gallon recycling container with locking lid
- 6-mil poly liner and liner tie
- Instructions and terms and conditions
- Prepaid return shipping label
- Proof of purchase with serial number
- Online certificates of recycling
- 66 lbs. of TSCA-EXEMPT PCB and NON-PCB Lamp Ballasts
Universal Wastes are widely generated hazardous wastes, such as batteries, fluorescent bulbs, and other devices containing mercury. The federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has reduced the regulatory requirements to encourage proper treatment and recycling, therefore, allowing these wastes to be managed as Universal Wastes instead of Hazardous Wastes. The Universal Waste Rule, 40 CFR Part 237, allows states to modify the rule and add additional universal wastes, e.g., dental amalgam waste and pharmaceuticals, to their individual state regulations.
Restrictions: Not available in AK, HI, PR, or VI. Not available for export to Canada.